17 May 2011

She's My Hero

Brenda Lynch is a lady from Upper Island Cove, NL who will start work again on Monday in Long Harbour. She is a remarkable lady and I mean that from the bottom of my heart not because she is my sister but because she is so awesome. Brenda and her husband have lived and worked in Nova Scotia for many years and they operated their own business doing Cement Finishing. It was here that she learned and perfected her craft. She is the only cement finisher Journeywoman in the Bricklayers Union in NL. She is also 49 years old and a mom to two fantastic kids.

Brenda is a tiny yet dynamic lady. Even though she works alongside men whose sheer size can be intimidating, she is not easily ruffled and can hold her own among the guys. She can work with the best of them and often has been guilty of offering creative solutions for problem solving on the job. Men who work alongside Brenda have been heard to say that they love having Brenda on their crew. She gets along well with the men, enjoys a laugh and a good story and is a tremendous team player.

I think I speak for all women when I say that we're proud to have Brenda in the ranks of TRADESWOMAN EXTRAORDINAIRE. We're sending out best wishes to her as she heads into this new venture in her life. Way to go sista....

No comments:

Post a Comment